Saturday, May 06, 2006

Being Married (a Saturday morning view)

It's been 1 month, 3 weeks and 4 days since the wedding (may countdown timer na gumagana, didn't count this by myself).

So what has changed?
  • I got myself a digital SLR I really couldn't afford (but it was on sale!)
  • I got myself a new bright yellow sort-of paddle bag. Haha.
  • Simot ang sweldo sa household expenses (and mga bisyo ko)
  • There's another blog somewhere out there with the housewife angsts (shy ako eh)
  • Marami pa rin akong gustong gawin sa buhay (parang dumami nga eh)
  • Parati pa rin akong late
  • I don't laze around reading the newspaper in the morning (wala na kc nagdedeliver ng dyaryo)...I laze around watching tv instead (while washing clothes and cleaning house)
  • I still procrastinate
  • Nothing has really changed

I remember watching a movie where someone said that power doesn't really corrupt, it just emphasizes what was there in the first place. Same thing with being drunk...you don't become who you're not, you just have that sense of liberty of doing what you want without thinking of the consequences. So what am I saying?

Marriage doesn't turn you into who you're not in the first place. You won't instantly become a caring, supportive wife/husband...although you'll be forced to because you're now responsible for the health and sanity of two people. And it's a symbiotic thing. Both of you "have" to be emotionally healthy. If the other person becomes severely insane and kills you...well that would affect yourself, wouldn't it? (ok, I may be watching too much of the Crime and Suspense channel)

O sya, I have to watch the aircon installation guys install the aircon (thanks sunlife folks!) Hmm...kinakalas pala ang aircon para install-in? Interesting...

No comments:

Popular Posts