Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Song of the Moment

Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong

So I'm trying to go back to my roots. The operative word here is "try". I am trying to know myself better, to leverage strengths so I can bully someone else. I am trying to be at peace with myself...or rather, I am trying to make peace with who I already am and the expectations of the rest of the world.

I am right
I swear I'm right
Swear I knew it all along

I'm actually tired of self-reflection. I feel no need for it, since I already know who I am. But sometimes the world is shaken like a snow globe and I find myself dragged all around the place. And I am bewildered at where I end up with respect to the rest of the snow globe occupants.

And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now
The things you swore you saw yourself

Frankly, I am surprised how truths can be repackaged and bought and sold like it was new. But that's the way the world turns. Even outright lies can be repackaged as half-truths, if everyone believes it enough. There always has to be a spin to things. The spin-master is king.


My hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption...


**Lyrics from "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional

No comments:

Popular Posts