Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tomorrow...

"The sun will come out...tomorrow..."

So now, it's tomorrow. Internet is still slow. We still have no DSL. I've postponed some scheduled tasks I wanted to finish, because we had to go to the doctor today. I have been informed that it's possible to have labor induced tomorrow...not really for any urgent medical condition, but mainly for the peace of mind of B. and perhaps everyone else. There were some concerns that maybe the baby wasn't moving as much as it should...although the non-stress test (NST) conducted today didn't really show anything wrong. But just so nobody worries...and tomorrow seems to be a good date...

But frankly, I am a bit worried. I don't really want to rush things...I wanted to let nature take its course. Plus all those worrying things I've been reading about the risks of induced labor...at sayang naman yung childbirth classes! Haha. The drugs required to induce labor really bothers me though...I have to admit that so far, I've never had an IV injected into me ever before. But then again, it seems in Manila, having your perineum cut and an IV stuck to you is considered the norm. So when I learned that I sort of had no choice in the matter...it did depress me for a few days. But I've accepted it now. Choices, choices, choices. And my choice was to accept that. (Note that you can opt not to go for this choice -- you just have to find an OB and hospital that will cooperate with your preference.)

So far, I'm not sure about the induced labor yet.

1 comment:

carla said...

Hi Sym! Congratulations :) It's a baby girl daw Zoe Isabelle -- post ka ng pictures :)

God bless!

Popular Posts