Thursday, October 23, 2008

Monday Rants

Well, somewhere along the web I found this job skill requirement:

Demonstrable leadership skills, consulting, communication, teamwork, ability to work autonomously, tolerance of ambiguity, analytical, influence and persuasion, decision making/problem solving, flexibility, creativity, initiative, interpersonal, presentation and sales skills.

Wow, sounds a lot like what I'm doing. Except I don't have much sales skills. And except the role probably earns more than what I earn.

Tolerance of ambiguity. I get a lot of that. Ambiguous questions, ambiguous requirements, ambiguous users, ambiguous customers. Ambiguous life direction. Wow, I'm getting grumpy and disgruntled. Better start going to the gym again before I lapse into another one of those lousy cycles.


Exercise and Feeling Good
It's quite common knowledge that exercise makes you feel good, not just physically but emotionally as well. "Exercising causes the body to produce endorphins, chemicals that can help a person to feel more peaceful and happy."


The 5K Dash
Participated in a 5K marathon 2 weekends ago. I was happy about our performance -- despite the lack of training, we finished the 5K easily in around 30+ minutes, plus I got to put a check mark on one of my to-do lists. But I really wanted to know the official time and result -- sure I didn't win anything, but I really wanted to see my name and official time you know? Just to formalize that hey, I finished the race! Yey!

But no, the race organizers released the list of all 10K and 3K finishers, but listed only the winners for each age group for the 5K. So...that means I don't get to see my name anywhere! And to think that right after the race, I was really excited and wanted to join another race again! Well, this non-acknowledgement sort of dampened my spirits -- like my finish doesn't matter because I didn't get to place anywhere. I don't know. Was there too many 5K runners? Oh humbug.


Life Path
This is related to a previous post. I did say that the next step was to make the decision to stay the right one. Was it? I don't know. I keep on hearing myself grumble every now and then.

So I need to convince myself this is the right path. The fun path. The easy path.

So, since February, I have been to: Apo Island, Dumaguete, Siquijor, Bacolod, Boracay, Pundaquit and Zambales, Pandan Island and Apo Reef, Coron with the officemates, Subic and Grande Island with the family, Kota Kinabalu, Sipadan and Mabul islands diving, Penang and Pulau Payar, Anvaya Cove with Zoe and Toda, Puerto Princesa with the family, Davao with Toda folks, and Mt. Apo with Utrek. I also had an aborted Cebu trip with my college blockmates -- they pushed through while I had to cancel because of an infection.

Up next: Cebu trip with the family, Jakarta trip in December, Mt. Kanlaon in January, and the Tokyo Japan trip in late January. If I left would I have been able to do all these? Probably not, right? Right? RIGHT?

Plus I still get to spend some mornings playing with Zoe. Except the past few days medyo tinotopak sya. Ugh. Just get on with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

o_O busy schedule hehehe....


--Aldwin

Popular Posts