Thursday, January 29, 2009

Zoe at Manila Ocean Park

Photobucket

Dear Diary,

Today I went to Manila Ocean Park with my parents, my cousins Reign and Raver, their parents, and my Tita Rhea. At first they tried to insist I can get in for free, since anyone below 2 feet can get in for free. But really now, I'm already a big girl! I stood waay above the height limit! So, my Tita Rhea paid 350 bucks for me to get into the Ocean Park. My cousin Reign is 2 years old, while cousin Raver is 5, so they both also got in for 350 bucks. The other grown-ups aside from Mommy got in for 400 bucks. Mommy said she was a Manila resident, so she got in for 360 bucks.

Not that I enjoyed it. Most of the times I just hid in my dad's neck. They kept on trying to make me walk around the area, but it was soo dark and scary! And all those giant sea creatures! I've never seen them before, even that triggerfish that Mommy says Ninang Jao is scared of.  There were seahorses, crabs, giant arapaimas, manta rays, sharks! So scary! There were lots of people, but not as many people as last Christmas season when we attempted to get in. Cousin Raver even wanted to dip his feet into the fish spa, but since it was an additional hundred bucks, the grownups just told him that the fish might die because of his smelly feet. Bad! :)

I was more in my element when we finally came out of Manila Ocean Park, and got into the souvenir shop. So many colorful stuff! Flipflops, T-shirts, caps! I really enjoyed looking at all the stuff there! Tita Rhea bought me a cute T-shirt and this monster ball that glows when you bounce it. I really like my Tita!

Afterwards, the grown-ups were hungry already, and we ate at the Oceania resto, which is owned by that famous catering group Tamayo's. For 250 bucks each for the grown-ups, they had an all-you-can-eat merienda buffet. Mommy fed me lots and lots of spaghetti and pancit. Tita Rhea also gave me my favorite pandesal! It was yummy. I was so stuffed I didn't even finish my milk! Cousin Raver had halo-halo, while Daddy and Mommy really stuffed themselves with puto, spaghetti, pancit, arroz caldo, bread and halo-halo. Afterwards, cousin Raver bought some gummy bears at another store and gave me some.  

On the way home, cousin Reign and I were talking about the trip. Then Mommy gave me my milk, and I was finally sleepy enough to dream of all the cute stuff in the souvenir store! When I grow up, I really am gonna be a fashionista!

Love lots,
Zoe

3 comments:

Jo Jao said...

Hi sweetie! when you get bigger, we'll go snorkelling and you'll see how pretty those creatures are underwater! They're not scary at all! (well, except for triggerfish because they bite). I'm sure you'll enjoy them then. :) - ninang jao

Jean Lim said...

Zoe, future diver ? :D

Maybelle Chua said...

hello zoe. you'll be a globe trekker... and i'm very amazed on how your mommy and daddy manage your trips. wow. :)

Popular Posts