Friday, January 14, 2005

Confessions off the top of my head

I procrastinate...a lot....

For some reason, these days, time passes quickly. Like tonight. I came home around 12:30 am, I think. Then I sat down, turned on my computer, read some email, surfed some stuff, and tada! It's now 2AM. And I haven't even started on my work backlog!

I don't know why the day passes too quickly. I do know I need to get over this aversion to buckling up and actually *doing* work. I've been in this mode since late last year. To me, it's never a case of not being able to do something because I can't. I can. And I know I can. It's just a case of not having enough motivation to actually get going and start the stuff.

But things are actually improving...sometimes I get that drive back. And I manage to start the day with that optimistic belief that today, out of all days, would be a different one. Today, I would actually *finish* all the tasks I set out to do. See, hope springs eternal, and if you don't believe it'll suck, it won't.

No comments:

Popular Posts