Friday, January 14, 2005

ramblings on a friday night while working

MUST....MOTIVATE....MYYYSELLLFFF...UGH!

It's past 6:30 in the evening and I haven't done anything yet. I managed to arrive in the office around 3:30 pm, checked my mail, got hungry, went to Greenbelt, got back, ate some more, surfed a little (ok, a lot), opened applications, closed applications, and now, it's 6:30.

While at Greenbelt I had an air-brush t-shirt made, with a cool Superman-going-through-the-flames picture. Tenantz had a shirt made that day (featuring Wolverine tearing through the shirt), and I thought it would be cool to have a baby-tee made with the same picture. But...what can I say, I got distracted by Superman.

It's gonna be a hectic weekend. Almost. My officemates are holding a despedida for Des, who's going to be assigned in Germany till May. We're going to spend the night (and Saturday) at a resort in Los Banos, Laguna. Naku, inuman na naman...e sa totoo lang, ever since I got that terrible hang-over last December, I don't like the taste of gin or alcohol. The past few gatherings, I've been discreetly 'passing' on the drinks, even I myself am surprised. Usually these after-hangover resolutions last only till...well, till the next morning.

After Laguna, I need to go back early and prepare for my college blockmate's wedding. By "prepare", I mean put on something other than jeans and put on some perfume. Ha, I didn't even have time to buy a new dress, so I'm recycling a dress I wore in Ed's wedding last January 2004. Unfortunately, I only have two dresses I can wear to a wedding, and the other one I already wore last December in Arbee's wedding (more recent). I'm trusting nobody will notice my un-manicured toes, much less my un-salon-ed hair. Hopefully, I'll be able to arrive home a bit early so I can at least comb my hair before heading out again.

After the wedding, I'm still thinking if I'm going to head out to Island Cove, Cavite. QCBA has a planning session there, and Tenantz is urging me to go there after the wedding, so we can go back together to Manila Sunday morning. There's another planning session scheduled for Sunday, this time for another org, and it's going to be held in Makati. This may or may not be an overnight planning session, and all this going back-and-forth is giving me a headache. It makes me want to plop down on MY bed and just sleep the weekend away.

Anyway, it's gonna be a good weekend. All I have to do is show up.

No comments:

Popular Posts