Friday, May 13, 2005

The Right Man

Mr. Right comes in all forms and sizes, and just like beauty, who Mr. Right is really depends on the eye of the beholder.

I came across an email regarding marriage and Mr. Right. Well, actually the email was in reply to another person's dilemma -- the girl's fiance broke off their 10-year relationship because the guy realized he was in love with his female best friend. Just some food for thought (with apologies to the actual person who wrote this).

One of the wisest things ever said to me by a friend was
this - when all your bad "boys" experiences are done and
over, you'd look back and laugh at yourself for your
reactions because you realize that man was so NOT WORTH IT.
This same friend also told me that the man you are
destined to marry, if you have prayed to God to provide you
with that man, is not supposed to make you cry. I believe
this. In fact, as i look back at all the "wrong" guys I've
gone out with, they all made me cry about our relationship
one way or the other. As far as my recent fiance is
concerned, he has never made me cry (not even once so far)
over our relationship and I have known him for about 10
years and we've been together for almost five years.

The right man for you will not make you:
  • cry
  • doubt your relationship
  • doubt yourself
  • doubt your respect and trust and LOYALTY for each other wherever and whenever
  • question your relationship in any way

I really don't know if her definition of the "the right man" is true, or applicable to everyone. But whoever she is, she sure is lucky to have found someone who has never hurt her nor made her cry.

No comments:

Popular Posts