Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Meadow

I don't ask why, I just fall into the meadow
I close my eyes , and wait to die
Yes, I am a liar
Yes, I am a sinner
Please forgive my broken soul

Disappointment clouds the judgement. Or maybe it clarifies it, shifting the status quo and letting the light peek through the darkness. I am not sure. I have shaped and re-shaped the truth so much, it doesn't really matter anymore which version is real.

It just exists. Tortured, misconstrued, misunderstood. It exists, and though the real purpose is extremely unclear, I have to live and make peace with its existence.

Time will tell, the cliche goes. Because by then, it will be too late to live with anything else anyway.

If I had somewhere else to go
I could be a star like you
Special like you
A star like you
Special like you....
But I've got nowhere else to go

-- "The Meadow", Hed Pe

No comments:

Popular Posts