Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Not for all the love in the world

It's not about winning the battle. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war. You should know that better than me, you did love to read Sun Tzu and the Art of War. But I guess, here again, I am wrong. Nowhere did Sun Tzu mention that losing the battle was a wise decision...in fact, it was, win, win, win.

So there, this early in the argument, I lose. I lose, and move on with a heavy heart and leaden feet. Another wrong decision, another rejection, another unwise move.

You show your age,
when you drown your rage.
But i see past those laughter lines

You never did, I guess. Or is that statement another demeaning generalization from me?

Pipe dreams fade,
and all the underdogs get laid.
Left your heart in the hands of a jugglin clown.
And so you crave recognition,
but the keys to the city went missing

People are all puzzles to be figured out
But you just said,
"Not for all the love in the world"

Cause she didnt realize, now thats alotta love

I guess that everybody,
went to a better party, oh no
Not for all the love in the world
But she didnt realize, now thats a lotta love.
-- The Thrills


The party is always better on the other side.

No comments:

Popular Posts