Monday, October 17, 2005

Want a Massage but it's midnight?

Well, I was dragged reluctantly to this place in Perea Street.

"I want a massage," said B.

"Me too," I said. Well I didn't really mean it though. I did want a massage, but I still had a million things to do, and it just wasn't the right time to relax. You don't relax in the heat of battle right?

But it was too late. I already said I wanted a massage, and it was too late to change my mind. So there I was, dragged in front of The Lotus Massage Place on Perea Street in Makati. It was 10:30 at night, and I wasn't really expecting much. I was expecting some dingy place...like, how can a decent "cheap" massage place thrive in the heart of the country's business district?

When we went to the door, the place was really dark, and I thought the place was closed already. "Yes!" I thought. No massage for us tonight! I can go home and revel in my stressed state! But then again, it turns out I was wrong. (And good thing that I was)

The Lotus Massage Place is open from 2PM - 2AM, perfect for when you're looking for an affordable massage in the middle of the night. They offer dry massages (shiatsu, swedish, thai massage, royal thai massage, etc) for only 350 pesos. The place is nice, a bit dark (maybe it's the ambience), but quite nice actually. It was more than what I was expecting, and the staff are courteous and friendly. Relaxing nature music (complete with birds chirping and gurgling water sounds) play in the background, and cloth curtains serve as dividers for the different cubicles. Upon signing up for a massage, they wash your feet, and give you some pajamas to change into. If you opt for the full-body massages, you're massaged while you're fully clothed, so there's no need to get naked here. They also offer foot massages, etc. And they have male and female masseuses.

I tried the Royal Thai Massage, which, according to the lady at the counter, was preferred by the Thai Royal Family (duh). In this massage, the masseuse uses his/her knuckles and fingertips to press and compress your muscles. It's a deep tissue pressure point massage to reduce stress and relieve muscle soreness. Well, after the massage, my upper back didn't ache that much anymore, I did feel more relaxed, and I slept like a baby afterwards.

Verdict: Worth your money.

---------------
The Lotus Massage Place is located at 106 Greenbelt Mansions, Perea Street, Legaspi Village, Makati, beside Union Bank.

3 comments:

tigerwolf said...

this is a great way to relax and unwind. i had my massages there for quite sometime now and i find it very very affordable. with all the hustle and bustle of being a yuppie, i still find time for me to enjoy the best massage/spa in town. try it and you will be back for more massages. take this advice from me, i know.

Anonymous said...

I went there one time but i prefer calling a massage so it can be done in my own room and i dont need to drive back to my place. I can recommnend this number 09293560798 - look for Carla. they're therapists are very good. Its quite expensive but its worth it.

http://massageserviceinmanila.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

When you feel in pain and very tense and stress you can try this massage that makes you relax.
Thai Massage

Popular Posts