Friday, November 25, 2005

November 25

Today is November 25. If plans had pushed through before, today was supposed to be the day that the wedding would take place. Yes, my wedding. Our wedding. We had already reserved the church, the venue, the photographer, and the caterer. But after a little bit of deliberation (actually, more of a protest from one of our parents, because today is a Friday), the wedding got pushed to a Saturday...next year.

So the new date is a Saturday (next year). We have a church, the reception venue, the photographer and the caterer. Haha, aba, parang walang nadagdagan no? Well, may wedding cake supplier na kami...the makers of Kink Cakes. O diba. Ayush. Cram time ito next year...

Sabi nga ng telenovela, "ang kasal ay hindi kanin na basta bastang isusubo at iluluwa na lang pag napaso." Or something to that effect. I remember when I told one of my friends earlier this year that we were planning to get married. And the first thing she said was, "Buntis ka ba?" Ahhh...hindi, kasi 9 months away pa yung planned wedding?? (I told her in February I think). The next thing she said was, "Naku, sobrang mag-iiba na ang buhay mo." And then, there's my diving instructor who got really concerned when he noticed that I wasn't really very much excited about the wedding. Ayun nga, kailangan ko raw pag isipan ng mabuti...as in. Hindi nga raw kanin ang kasal. Syempre, hindi naman nakakain ang kasal diba? O nagpapatawa lang po ako...


So, am I taking it seriously? Well, sometimes, I think I'm not taking it seriously enough. When I see the effort and the concern and the preparation that other brides-to-be are going through, parang, shucks, hindi pa ata ako prepared! Some people have booked everything, and their wedding is still a year away. But then again, it is a matter of perspective I guess. I...I do know that I'm not afraid...well, a little, regarding the future...but not something to the point where I don't really want to get into this. So there, I do. And I am looking forward to the future, despite the exodus of all the bright and promising people to foreign lands. I am looking forward to the future, and I am hoping, and praying, that our future will be bright. Somehow.


Friendster Blues Part II

And on another Friendster-related post, wala lang akong magawa kanina so hinanap ko ang name ko sa Friendster. Actually I was looking for this other acquiantance in Friendster, and the search result returned lots and lots of people matching the same name. So on a whim, I tried to look for my own name. And guess what...there were only 6 (SIX) matches (no surprise, my name isn't that common), and ALL of them live in the Philippines. Makes me wonder...lahat ba ng kapangalan ko sa Pilipinas lang nakatira? :)

No comments:

Popular Posts