Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sick Again

I got sick big time last Tuesday. Fever, vomiting, diarrhea. Darn. And all alone in a city with no nearby McDonald's, drugstore, or grocery. All I see are cafes (with their cold sandwiches), clothing stores, specialty stores. Damn, where do they buy their basic supplies? From vendo machines? All the time?

But maybe I haven't explored the city enough. The training I'm attending takes up all day...from 9AM till 5:30PM. Attractions here close by 5PM, thus there's really no time to go around after class. Monday night though, a classmate and I drove around Cambridge and Boston. We passed by Harvard and MIT, Bunker Hill and the USS Constitution, and tried not to get lost around Boston. When we came back to our respective hotels, I went out again to explore Copley Square, and realized the mall there sucks. "a grand mall" according to the brochure...yeah but I couldn't buy anything there. Haha. It was on the way back to my hotel that I bought the offending pizza that must have caused my "sickness" the next day. Combine that with tiredness (finishing up some work after training), and there, the reason why I'm sick. So for the past two days, upon heading home from training, I go straight to sleep. Boring. Hehe.

Today is Thursday, and I have half-a-day free since my instructor is going to watch a Boston Symphony Orchestra practice session. I could go out and explore some sights. But guess what I have to do. Work. Sucks.

No comments:

Popular Posts