Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Mix Mix, Same Same

While snuggling to go to sleep:


Zoe: Mommy, bakit punta kayo office?
Mommy: Kailangan kasi mag work ni Mommy and Daddy eh.
Zoe: Bakit, para meron bili dede?
Mommy: Ahh, opo.
Zoe: Thank you! (sabay kiss)
On one hand, I'm surprised that she understands we work for the money, and that money buys the milk. I'm doubly happy she even said thank you. On the other hand...shouldn't we be working because we're passionate about something? And how about the saying that one should make money work for you, and not the other way around?

Passion. Someone once told me that if I didn't like what I did, I should quit. For me though, I like what I do. I like to program. I like discovering new things. I like helping people make use of those programs to make their lives easier. I don't like the politics though. Sabi ko nga, kadalasan, the bibo takes it all. [lots of stuff to be inserted here that I opt not to insert since it exposes my vulnerability to...well, politics].

So what's the point of this post?

1. Zoe is smart.
2. Zoe knows the value of money. For now.
3. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Nyeta.
4. I am trying to be optimistic. I hope you see it.
5. Hindi ako bibo. Pero di rin ako bobo no.

Harumph!

No comments:

Popular Posts