Tuesday, March 15, 2005

GirlTalk

It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic... don't you think...

A warning to guys: don't read.

On my last day out of Costa Rica, I had my period. Which posed a problem. I only had 2 sanitary napkins, the last two pieces in my closet at home. Because I was in a hurry, I was unable to take the time to buy supplies before I left Manila.

Normally, when I go out of town, or on a trip, my mother would always ask me, "Did you remember to bring napkins"? Even if I knew it wasn't time for my monthly 'schedule', my mom would still insist that I bring napkins along. I would always say yes, and then proceed to conveniently forget bringing one.

On this trip, she asked me, May dala ka bang napkin? Opo, sabi ko. Which was true, since I had two pieces right? I don't know, maybe I was hoping the stress of the whole trip would throw my menstrual cycle into whack? Whatever. So there I was, landing in snowy Toronto almost midnight, desperate to look for a convenience store so I can buy my supplies.

This was on a Saturday night. I finally bought the cheapest package I could find, which at more than $2, was still more expensive than if I had bought one from Manila.

So, imagine my big surprise when, upon going to the restroom in P's Toronto office, there in the sink were lots and lots of free napkins and tampons. Okaaayyy...just great.

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures

P.S. -- Now I wish they'd give out free samples of lotions and baby oil...my skin is really dry!

No comments:

Popular Posts