Friday, March 18, 2005

Pink Nalgenes

Yesterday, I saw a piece of shopping heaven.

Just a piece though. After work, I tried to catch "Mamma Mia" or some other play on Toronto's entertainment district. Unfortunately, there were no more "cheap" tickets available for that night. Since I was already on King Street that time, I tried going to the Mountain Coop store, and boy was I surprised! A big, big store with lots and lots of outdoor equipments, tents, shoes, jackets, clothes, canoes, bags, tekpaks, hydration packs, etc! It was a two-floor affair, and I was quite excited to see all the stuff that's available.
(see pics here). Suddenly, I was in love with Toronto! Haha. Unfortunately, excited as I was, I also realized I couldn't afford to buy anything there! The dri-fit like clothes still would cost around 1k pesos, same as if I bought a Nike shirt in Manila. The backpacks would cost roughly the same as one made in Manila. The only thing I really could buy, should cost less than $20...which narrowed it down to nalgene bottles and dri-fit underwear. Haha.

But...there was this really cute pink flowery Nalgene bottle. I wasn't able to buy something that time, since when I got to the store, it was almost closing time, and it turns out I had to pay a $5 one-time coop membership fee before I can buy anything. Maybe I'll head back there next week... :)

P.S. -- on the way home, I passed by a Swiss Chalet restaurant, and I remembered my officemate Carla mentioning to me that it had great tasting chicken. So I entered the resto, but I was all by myself, and well, the place just didn't seem to be a good place to dine alone. There was a line waiting for seating, and everyone had friends or family with them. Parang sobrang loser pag ako lang...either that or I'm trying to pick up somebody. Haha.



CN Tower,
as seen from King St. West.
Ray Thomson Hall
in the foreground.



St. Andrew's Church
on King Street West,
near the Sunlife building

No comments:

Popular Posts