Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Lost

I am a bit lost.

I took up a photography class, because a friend of mine, F, was very much interested in photography and had just bought a brand new digital SLR. He was really excited to be in this class, and when he asked me if I was interested, I thought, why not? I wanted to know more about photography too! :)

The first day of class was on Valentine's day. I came in late, and my friend F. told me that he was going to be late because of work. Okay. Eventually, he wasn't able to attend the first day, but that was okay. I gave him the lecture notes, and he told me that he would try to make it on Wednesday. I guess that should have given me an inkling of something. "try" is the keyword. Well, I couldn't really blame him, I mean, I still went through with attending the class, and he had all the right not to attend the class. But still, I felt lost. In a classroom where everyone was shooting pictures with their SLR camera, there I was, trying to tinker with a point-and-shoot digicam. I was totally in way over my head, and though the class was really very interesting and highly recommended, I had difficulty trying to achieve the same photographic effects as everyone else in class.

After last Friday's session, I was finally able to borrow another friend's SLR camera. I had a bit of difficulty loading the film though, and even though I bought the SLR to Manabo where we had a hiking trip, I was unable to take pictures because of the foggy weather. So there I was last Monday, with crappy photos to submit as assignment. As the teacher was critiquing my photos, he put his head in his hands, and seemed to be developing a great big headache. Ha, I know the feeling.

Anyway, tomorrow is our last day in class, and I still feel as if I am in way over my head. We have an assigment for tomorrow, which I haven't done yet. Well, tomorrow is another day to shoot some crappy photos.

---===ooo===---

Play of the week: The Blue Room, a play in ten intimate acts. This was the play in which Nicole Kidman starred in and bared her butt.
New Voice Company is presenting it at the Republic of Malate, but only for two weeks (Feb 25, 26, March 4 and 5).

No comments:

Popular Posts