Thursday, February 17, 2005

A Slice of My Morning

4:50 AM -- My cellphone's alarm clock woke me up. After stretching a little, I head on down to the kitchen, gulp down a glass of water, and head back to bed. "It's still too early", I say to myself. So I reset the alarm clock, and snuggle to bed.

5:15 AM -- I wake up again, look at the clock, and decide to get up. But I don't. Zzzz....

5:45 AM -- I wake up. Oh no, this time, I'm late. After a hurried rush of dressing up and preparing my stuff, I leave the house 15 minutes later.

6:20 AM -- I arrive at the parking lot of CCP near Figaro. No one's stretching or exercising. Bad sign. Nevertheless, I park the car, and head down to the dock/loading area/whatever. A boat just left, and another boat was loading. I was contemplating on what to do. Should I head home again?

"Taga La Salle ka ba?", one of the guys there asked me.

"Hindi. Uhm...umalis na ba yung pyros?", I ask.

"Oo, kaka-alis lang. Ayun o," he said, pointing to the boat that just left. Oh great, I think to myself.

"Kung gusto mo, sabay ka na lang sa la salle. Pasakay pa lang sila eh."

I hesitate a little, since I really didn't know anyone there. "Samahan kita," he said. Okay. So we went up to the boat that was just loading, and talked to the coach. I also talked to another member, who looked like she was the teacher of the group.

So I rode with the La Salle team this morning. Since the team was just new, they even had a picture-taking session, and guess what, syempre nasa picture ako kasi ako yung naka-upo sa unang unang row ng boat. Wow. Feeling undergrad ha. =p

7:20 AM -- We finish rowing. It was just light rowing, since everyone was a beginner. Especially me. Haha. We didn't get to meet the Pyros team though.


At the corner of Makati Ave. and Paseo de Roxas


I head on to Makati. Lots of stuff to do.

7:40 AM -- I park my car at the parking lot, and bemoan the parking fee I would have to pay later. I check my wallet. 100 pesos and several peso coins. Great.

7:45 AM -- Wearing t-shirt, shorts and slippers, I walk towards the gym in dela Costa Street. I feel slightly misplaced in the busy Makati streets. Everyone was in their office attire rushing to go to work. Meanwhile, there I was in my beach-y attire walking around Makati. I almost wanted to apologize for not being properly dressed! But nobody really noticed. :)

8:00 AM -- Arrive at the gym. Showered. Dressed up. Headed back to the office, feeling confident, since this time, I'm wearing the proper clothes. Ha! Duh...

Yun lang....

----ooo--- The End ---ooo----

No comments:

Popular Posts