Monday, April 18, 2005

Mountains out of Molehills

"i married the man i love.. pero he was never the man of my dreams...gets mo??"

A friend of mine told me that line today. What's the difference between the man you love, and the man of your dreams? Should there be a difference? If there's a difference, is that "settling"? Or is that just you, being mature about life and love and compromises and wisdom? Why should there be the curse of the "man of your dreams"? The perfect man, who will never be the one for you anyway. The perfect man, who doesn't exist anyway.

I read somewhere that you don't really marry the person you love the most, but the person you're with when you're most ready for marriage. Is that really just it? And then again, how can you be sure that you really are ready for marriage?

This is Murphy's law...all the ugly termites coming out of the woodwork. One temptation is enough. The temptation passed, and I survived. Another temptation? Is this God's way of telling me to get out of the relationship? Or is this God's way of strengthening our relationship? Shucks, so many ways to interpret signs from heaven...maybe I'm so dense and I need a big bonk on the head to understand. The signs are there. I just can't understand them.

* Mood: distractedly dyslexic

No comments:

Popular Posts