Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Ultimate and Boracay

Boracay Island
April 23 - 26, 2005

Last weekend, some friends and I participated in the Asian Beach Ultimate tournament in Bora.

Well, the back-story to this story is, I've been asking B. to go to Bora for the longest time. I remember Bora with its fine white sand, clear blue waters, refreshing fruit shakes, and drink-till-you-drop party places. In a way, I wanted to share the beauty of Boracay with B. And that weekend, I managed to do so, but not in the way I expected to.

After several "failed" attempts at going to Boracay before (no money, no time, no flight), it was announced that the
Ultimate frisbee people were going to hold a tournament at Boracay. Ayan na, nagsikilos na ang mga adik! So what if the airfare was 6k? Or that the registration fee was 2k? Don't get me wrong, sure it was a very fun event. I was there, I had fun. But I was slightly disappointed that all he wanted out of Boracay was frisbee. If you notice the "party" shots, he wasn't even there. He was off by his lonesome, watching some evening pick-up game.

I don't want to read anything into that. Maybe there's nothing to read. In any case, I had fun with the Sunlife people I went with. Hurray for friendship! And of course, Ultimate.


Crabito in action





Team Flying Daggers in Action



Firedancers, evening pick-up game with beer cases, Cocomangas

nsg4ever!!! wishing well at Crystal Cove
the monkey with the balls, Claire's silhouette, Cave 2 at Crystal Cove



Sunset shots from Rose's camera



I took an earlier flight to Manila. But my companions took an Asian Spirit flight that was very smoke-filled. :)

More pictures at http://www.pbase.com/xieurx/ultimate__bora

No comments:

Popular Posts