Saturday, June 05, 2010

Bringing on the Revolution



Here's Sir Ken Robinson's follow-up to his 2006 talk "Schools kill Creativity". Uploaded in TED just a few weeks ago, this is "Bring on the Learning Revolution"

Since I was contemplating preschool for my preschooler, I kinda really took what he said to heart.

Some highlights for me:
  • Education needs to be transformed into something else.
  • Challenge what we take for granted
  • The tyranny of common sense - a roadblock to change
  • "Education, in a way, dislocates very many people from their natural talents."
  • College begins in kindergarten...not! Words of wisdom: "Kindergarten begins in kindergarten."
To end his talk, Robinson quoted from W.B. Yates -- "I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

"And every day, everywhere, our children spread their dreams beneath our feet. And we should tread softly." - Sir Ken Robinson

Listen on, so you can find your own nuggets of wisdom, and hopefully, bring about our own revolution.


You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world

- The Beatles, Revolution

No comments:

Popular Posts