Thursday, June 03, 2010

Kids and Schools

Zoe's last day at the playschool near our house.

"All kids have tremendous talent, and we squander them. Ruthlessly."
- Sir Ken Robinson, in a TED talk given in 2006 wherein he says "schools kill creativity".

Next parental dilemma: to enroll or not to enroll for this school year. If yes, where to enroll? Funds are tight, so I don't really want to be too OA regarding the preschool. After all, the goal is for the kid to have fun while learning. I don't want her to be traumatized or pressured, but I don't want her to learn bad habits either.

Next year's dilemma: deciding on an actual big school for the kid. Huhu. We've sort of shortlisted some schools, and I have accepted already that my goal of having the kid enroll in a progressive international school that teaches Chinese is impossible -- I can't afford it! Sh*t. =D

Oh yeah. This blog is supposed to be about being thankful. So, I'm thankful I still have a choice, even if those choices are limited. I am thankful that we were able to enroll the kid in playschools, that she enjoys it, and that she's always excited to go to school. Her favorite period in playschool though is recess. "Kain na tayo?" Hehehe. Kahit bata, merienda time ang favorite!

1 comment:

xieurx said...

Pwede kayang 2 quarters ko lang sya i-enroll? Haha. Napra-praning ako. =p

Baka ending nito, di ko rin i-enroll. Waaa.

Popular Posts