Monday, June 28, 2010

The Comfy Cab and the Power Lightning

It was a cloudy afternoon when I rode the taxi cab from McKinley Hills to Ortigas. First of all, I was lucky, I got to ride a cab at once. Secondly, the cab was really nice, not dilapidated, and looked really new. Thirdly, the taxi driver took a shortcut, so we got to circumvent C5 and Edsa traffic. It started to rain really hard when we were near Sheridan, normally just around 5 minutes from my actual destination. From the cab, I could see the lightning bolts touch the different skyrises around the area. Lightning bolts are scary when you're in the receiving end of it (and here I remember the story of the girl who was struck by lightning while hiking), but from my vantage point inside my cushy, comfy taxi cab, it was awesome. God displaying His artistry and magic, His Power and His Might.

Amazing that a thing of beauty has more than enough power to kill you off.

Because of the rains and resulting traffic, I was 15 minutes late for my scheduled appointment. Everything happens for a reason though, and the lightning show reminded me that there is a more powerful force than ourselves at work here. It's all good.

2 comments:

J. said...

awesome!

(3 seconds of silence)

ok so where was this shortcut from mckh to ortigas? :D

xieurx said...

haha. hindi naman super shortcut. nag-umpisa rin kami sa C5, nung nag-traffic na, nag-u-turn to kalayaan, labas ng guadalupe. saglit lang na traffic and then right sa pioneer na to sheridan then ortigas. natagalan din kami kasi nag-trapik pa rin nung umulan.

Popular Posts