Tuesday, June 08, 2010

The Hunt for Z's Preschool

Ok, maybe writing it down can clarify things.

Choices narrowed down to 3 (or maybe 4. Ok, 3).

Preschool 1: Preschool/playschool walking distance from our home. But DH doesn't like it because he once saw a cockroach zoom past in the playroom, indicating that it's not that clean. The yaya also mentioned that sometimes the teacher is a bit lazy in teaching, especially if there aren't that many students. And my initial impression was the teacher wasn't that capable. But maybe I was wrong.
Plus points: near the home, and relatively affordable.

Preschool 2: Affordable, but DH is hesitant since it might incur some lifestyle changes on our part. ("Got to be conventional, you can't be so radical" comes to mind) Reading and writing won't be taught early. And we know how we want our kids to follow convention and at least appear smart and capable right?
Plus point: affordable. And I like that they'll eat healthy food during class. And that they'll have this opportunity to see the world in a different way.

Preschool 3: Ok, this one's colorful. DH likes this one better. At first I did like this better, since it was also accessible by public transpo, had a big field, and big large slides that DD liked. But compared to Preschool 1 & 2, it's more expensive, although it was the least expensive of my initial shortlist. Nagbago na kasi yung shortlist, nadagdagan bigla ng Preschool 1 & 2. I liked the lifestyle choices espoused by Preschool 2. But here she will learn to read and write. It's supposed to be progressive, so hopefully, no pressures. DH likes this better. And...I guess I can just learn to make healthy snacks then. And...bawas bawasan ang luho para ma-afford.

So...I need to pay later. Ayush.

WOW (Words of Wisdom): Make sure you have enough savings before getting married. Because once you get married, hindi ito nadadagdagan. Been married four years already, everytime I add to my personal savings, something eventually comes up to make me subtract from it. So actually, quits lang. I guess kung ano yung na-save ko 4 years ago, yun pa rin ngayon. Pero no regrets. I have great experiences and great memories. Nasulit din naman yung gastos. =) It's not always about the money.

More WOW: it's just preschool. chill. next year, major decision on schooling.

No comments:

Popular Posts