Saturday, August 28, 2004

the last song

Don't we all do it? Sing in our minds, that is. It's that irritating LSS -- that last song syndrome that just won't go away. The song stays with you ALL day; you sing it in your mind while you're walking, while you're working, while you're talking even. Some last songs are better than others. They stay with you, and they make your day a bit better.

Here are some of this week's more sensible soundtracks of my mind. Sing out loud with me:
  1. "Run", Kitchie Nadal

    Kitchie's breathless vocals here seem a bit different from her performance for former band mojofly. But with her husky and sultry delivery, this song is bound to be a promising break-through single for Kitchie's solo career. Well, at least, it got my attention. You know how I love sultry female voices.

    Run fast if you can
    I'm gonna get you anyway, there's nowhere to hide, baby
    Breathe in, breathe out
    It's almost over now
  2. "Taning", Imago

    Aya's semi-yodeling makes me want to yodel along. Initially hard-to-notice, the song takes some getting used to. After listening to it several times, the song grows on you.

    "Tama ba na aminin na nating
    May taning
    Ang pag-ibig natin"

  3. "Masaya", Bamboo

    What can I say? This is Bamboo. That formerly-bald frontman for Rivermaya. After several years (decades?), he's back. With a new band. Named...Bamboo.
    Ako'y malungkot na naman
    Amoy chico na ako
    Ilang tagay na, hindi pa rin tulog
    Tanong ko lang sa langit
    Kung bakit pumangit
    Ang dating masaya
    Ngayo'y panay problema
    Bumabalot sa mundo
    Bakit ganito...
    Ang pag-ibig, ganyan talaga
    'Pag bago pa ang pag-ibig
    Ganyan talaga, masaya


  4. "Hey Julie", Fountains of Wayne

    Funny. Catchy. Makes you want to smile. And maybe snap your fingers and nod your head. Or maybe just be thankful for someone to love.
    Hey Julie,
    Look what they're doing to me
    Trying to trip me up
    Trying to wear me down
    Julie, I swear, it's so hard to bear it
    And I'd never make it through without you around

No comments:

Popular Posts