Thursday, August 19, 2004

A night in the office

Just another ordinary night in the office...

tama bang
aminin na nating may taning
itong pag ibig natin
dakila man
walang kasaysayang kakapit
sa bulag na pag ibig
-- Imago, "Taning"

Just a song that keeps playing in my mind. Aya's lilting voice playing in my head, lifting up my spirits with a song that really talks about a love that is about to be let go of.

permiso sa isang araw na
makasama ka
abiso ng pusong bulag
na humahanga

She wails through her plea to be with her loved one, even for just one day.

"Our co-workers have no idea. They speak only of miracles. This is our story. This is our group. And we are one hell of a supergroup."

Around the other aisle, Tonette is dubbing her lines for the short movie that Jay is making. I sit here in my cubicle, typing this blog, while trying to motivate myself to dive into those complex lines of code. Will I get Alzheimer's if I don't use my brain? Urban legends of the twisted mind...times like these, I really wonder why I get into this "cram-slam-bang" situations. Deadlines everywhere, and I'm still "trying" to motivate myself to start the work?? Terrible work habits...I didn't used to be like this. It's never really a problem of understanding, it's more like a problem of revving the motor and starting the engine and getting the whole show on the road.

"Ganda ng ngiti mo ah"

Monna and Karen come back, from a "drinking" gimik somewhere nearby. In a few moments, the rest of the people come back, and the office is loud again. Alive. Milan, the handsome foreigner guy who's the center of attention, walks by and smiles. Ah, I knew he noticed me...

And so another night rolls by. Another night, and in a few hours, another new day.

No comments:

Popular Posts